Friday, January 10, 2014

Year Round Wreath

So I've jumped on the 'ol band wagon.  I've pinned, I don't even know how many, wreaths on Pinterest.  I suppose for inspiration?  There are some amazing ones out there!  Finally I made my first wreath just before the holidays.  I wasn't looking for something that would take too much time, & I wanted to be able to keep it up for a while, since I made it just before Christmas.  I didn't want to have to take it down with all my other holiday decor.  I love how it turned out, & feel like it's something I could have up any time of the year!  Better yet, it didn't cost very much to make.  I had an old wreath on hand that was made of the twig variety, not sure if these have a real name :0)  But the colors didn't go with my style anymore.  I cut off all the old flowers & pine cones (wishing I had taken a before pic) and added some hydrangeas & floral picks I bought on sale at JoAnn Fabric & Craft Store.  All I did was trim down the stems with some wire cutters & stuck them in wherever looked good to me!  I'm not a big fan of wreath hangers, so I bought a Command Hook from Walmart, like this one & stuck it to my door window.  So far it has held up great!  I was a little concerned about the weather, it has been known to snow in North Idaho, freezing temps, all that good stuff.  But a month later, lots of slammed doors, rain, snow, negative temperatures, & it's still holding strong!

And here it is!  I really do love it. 


Have you tried any of those amazing wreaths out there yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment